Staffing and recruiting companies are committed to bringing the right people and the right companies together. Whether you want a temporary, contract, part-time, or permanent position, working with a staffing company is an easy way to improve your job search.
Regardless of the industry or geographic location in which you want to work, there is a staffing company to help. Staffing companies match millions of people to millions of jobs in the U.S. and abroad every day.
How can you work with a staffing firm?
There are three main types of job placements in the staffing industry:
- Contingent or contract: You work for a staffing firm's customer on an interim basis
- Temp-to-hire: You work for a staffing firm's customer on a trial basis to determine if the job is a good fit for your skills, interests, and career goals—if so, you become the customer's employee
- Direct hire or FTE (full time employee): You are recruited by the staffing firm and then hired by its customer
Reasons to work with a staffing firm
Staffing companies are not only looking for administrative and short-term manual labor positions but also for information technology, executives and professionals searching for full-time employment. Below are a few of the reasons you should work with a staffing company during your next job search. Also, please see the American Staffing Association's graph of the best reasons to work with a staffing company (below).
- Get the inside scoop on new openings: Staffing companies work with a variety of companies. Many businesses turn to staffing companies to fill certain positions and never advertise the opening themselves.
- Go from temp to perm: According to the American Staffing Association, about 75 percent of temporary and contract employees move on to permanent jobs. Thus, a temp job can be a great way to try out a company's culture.
- Save time: Staffing companies specialize in position types, areas, industries, or even companies. Thus, they know the job market and know the cultures on the companies for which they are recruiting.
- Put flexibility and work in the same sentence: If you are looking for time to live life while still making ends meet, working with a staffing company could be the best career move you ever make. Staffing companies place you in part-time or contract work that fits your life.
- Never get bored: As an employee of a staffing company, you get to select the short-term assignments you want to take. You get the opportunity to work in a variety of industries and with different people on numerous projects and tasks. The opportunities are endless.
- Work and get benefits: When you go on temporary assignments for a staffing company, you are normally employed by the staffing company and could be eligible for various benefits.
- Someone to watch out of your needs: Unlike finding and getting hired by a company on your own, where you must do all the negotiating, a staffing firm acts as your agent to provide you the best job and the best rates/benefits possible. In addition, once on the job you should have dedicated contacts at your staffing agency who can help you if issues arise during your contract.
Working with a staffing firm during an Uncertain Economy
During an uncertain economy, contingent (or contract based) staffing firms gain a significant advantage over the independent job seeker, looking for a fulltime or “permanent” position, or FTE based staffing firms. This is because most businesses don’t want to take on the cost of hiring and training their own “FTE” employees only to find that they have to let them go due to economic issues.
How do we compare?
Hynes and Company has survived strong through the past 5 recessions, providing the best people to the best companies. To learn more about the benefits we provide our employees, please click here.
To review our open jobs, click here.