The good news is that although there seem to be a lot of steps below, the fact is, the process is very simple from your standpoint. We should also note, that each job and client may have their own unique requirements or steps necessary to get you hired, and by submitting your resume there is no guarantee that you will be selected to move forward in the process; these extra steps may not be reflected in the list below.
There are two phases to the staffing process, phase one includes learning about you and includes preparing and present you to the hiring manager. The second phase starts once the hiring manager selects you for an interview and concludes with your potential placement in the job you interviewed for.
- We get a new job from a Client
- You either apply to us via our website or job board, we find you on one of the many job boards, or you get referred to us by someone else
- You have reviewed the job posting or we review the details with you
- We review your resume
- Your skills
- Work history
- Discuss your wants and needs
- We discuss compensation for the specific job
- We discuss client specific requirements such as background checks, and health screenings
- We require you to sign a consent to submit form which states that for this specific job you are only working with one staffing agency. This prevents you from being submitted by an agency that does not have your permission to do so. (Stay away from agencies that do not utilize a consent to submit form).
- We work with you to update your resume and add specifics that will help you get the job
- We then present you to the hiring manager responsible for that specific job posting.
< now we wait for the hiring manager >
- As soon as we hear anything, or get any status updates we contact you via your preferred contact method.
- Assuming the manager likes what he/she sees we assist in scheduling you for an interview
- We provide pre-interview information and answer any questions you might have
- You might interview via phone, or in-person, and may have more than one interview
- We then conduct a post-interview debrief with you and usually the hiring manager
- Provided the interviews go well we will be contacting you to offer you the job.
- If you haven’t provided them already, we’ll need you to help us get at least 2 manager references
- We send you an initial set of documents for your review.
- This is quickly followed up by additional forms from our HR department, required by us and the client to get the hiring process moving.
- The faster and more complete you get back these forms the faster we can get you started.
- After about 1-2 weeks, during which time you will be in constant contact with both your recruiter and our HR department to keep you abreast of any issues, we’ll let you know that you’re ready to start.
- We provide you reporting instructions.
The last and most important step is that we’ll continue to be here for you on your first day, second day, all the way until your last day or you get converted to full time.
We do this by providing you with the following:
- Monthly check-ins by your recruiter
- Direct access to your dedicated Client Relationship Manager
- Access to the Hynes Community: our online forums and blogs that allow you to stay connected to us and other consultants like you.
- Support from the many Hynes and Company employees behind the scenes, which are here to make your employment fun and stress free.